Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Eid Mubarak Y'all!!

So, yeah, Eid was almost two weeks ago. I haven't blogged about anything in, well, I don't know how long. I'm a terrible blogger!!! In my defense, I did try to decrease my Internet time during Ramadan to do some religious studies and such. We had a great Ramadan and an Awesome Eid! Nothing at all like back home, because we didn't have our friends and family to celebrate with, but Alhamdulillah we have made new, great friends here that I can see us spending many many Eids with, Inshallah.
Every year there is an Eid carnival here on camp. They have bounce houses for the kids, face painting, crafts, puppet shows, food vendors (of course), and just all around fun. It was hot. No, it was HOT. HOT and steamy, ick. I'm sure it was 195 degrees with 200% humidity.......the things we do for our kids. There was a bread station where they were baking flat bread in a traditional urn like oven. They roll the dough then slap it onto the inside wall of the oven. I wanted to get a picture of it, but, well, it was too hot standing that close to the extra heat!!!
We spent the three days of Eid here on camp, then we went to Qatar, which I'll do another blog post on. Here are a few pictures of the Eid carnival.



























1 comment: