Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hillary Clinton was right

So something happened today. Something that's never happened before. We went to the mall. But that's not the 'something that's never happened'. While at the mall, we went to the mosque to pray the evening prayer. Hisham went while I stayed with the kids, then he came out and I went and took Sophia with me. I had her in the baby carrier, and I was going to pray with her in it, but she's not 9 pounds anymore, mashallah. So to save my back, I layed her on the carpeted floor next to me and I started my prayer. I was halfway done when she started crying. I saw it in her face when she was flat on her back looking up at everyone. I sped my prayer up a little so I could pick her up but right when I did a woman swooped in like a hawk and picked Sophia up and sat next to me with her. She was rocking and shushing her. And she got quiet! Now, for a split second I was thinking "oh lord, she's about to run away with my baby". Then I stopped being so paranoid, let my sister in humanity calm my baby, and focused on my prayer. When I finished I took Sophia and said "thank you so much" and she said with a smile, "you're welcome". It really does take a village. 

2 comments: