Sunday, May 26, 2013

Finally!

When you move over here with Aramco, you are responsible for shipping your own vehicle. It can't be older than 5 years old and you have to have a free and clear title. Hisham's car was out because it was too old. It hurt his heart to sell it. We were going to ship mine, but decided against it at the last minute. We were able to sell it before we left. It seemed like it would have been a hassle to ship it and deal with customs, so we figured we'd get something when we got here. We were looking at SUV's, but I really wanted another minivan (NEVER thought i'd say that). I love the ease of getting the kids in and out with the sliding doors, love that I can open the trunk and doors with the remote, with this heat, the quicker everyone gets in the van the less irritable I am. I probably sound like a drill sergeant when i'm telling Adam over  and over "get in the van, get in your seat! get in your seat!! buckle up! buckle! why aren't you buckled yet?!".
So, we got a 2013 Honda Odyssey, exact same kind I had back home (except I had a 2011). The inside is exactly the same, except for a few tiny differences. I'm feeling more and more at home here. :)
It's amazing the things that make you comfortable.
Oh, and guess where the van came from.....Alabama! Maybe that's why the van makes me feel more at home here. I have something from my old home at my new home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment