Saturday, May 4, 2013

Starting a new chapter

We've been in KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) for 2 full days now (and i've already managed to do 4 loads of laundry, how does that happen?!?!). So far so good. The house is nicer than either of us expected. It's very clean, very spacious, and has tons of storage. It's a shame we had to move from Homewood, AL to KSA to get a huge walk-in closet (Homewood dwellers know what I mean about the closet issue). There were lots of things here for us when we arrived. A set of dishes, a set of pots/pans, utensils, glasses, some food items (the bag of chocolates was my favorite), towels, toilet paper, shampoo, body soap, baby soap, razors, laundry detergent, dish detergent, a dish sponge, and some other things. It was perfect. Just enough to get us started. The house is semi-furnished also. We'll use this furniture until our shipment arrives. As soon as I can i'll post some pictures of the house.
The kids are fine, just a little jet-lagged. We rented a car today so I don't have to call for a cab for awhile. I've only been out a few times, just trying to get rested and settled. Our first trip to the commissary, the grocery store on camp, was yesterday. I was surprised at how many American products they had, and I was also surprised at the crazy prices!! Expensive crazy, not cheap crazy. Tomorrow I go to Adam's school to enroll him. I think the school year is almost over, but he's dying to play with some kids, so maybe he can go to school for the last few weeks at least. Everyone seems to be friendly. I don't care what country you're from, or what country you're in, everyone loves to smile at and touch a baby. It's a great ice-breaker.

3 comments:

  1. I love it Aisha, keep up with this blog because I'll be a frequent reader of it.... :)

    Saida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of starting a blog to keep us all up to date. I'll be your biggest fan...keep the stories coming. Miss you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! Sorry i'm just now replying, I didn't see these comments for some reason.

    ReplyDelete